How to Handle Flood Damage in Meadville
It feels like we are seeing thunderstorm warnings a few times a week this time of year. This makes them seem very normal, but the damage they can cause to your Meadville home is nothing common. Thunderstorms bring flash flooding that can be harmful to your home. Even just heavy rainfall can be troublesome to your home. Here is what to do if you experience some flooding in your Meadville home:
Before doing anything, you need to focus on one thing: safety! First determine if it is even safe to enter the home and be weary of “slip and fall” hazards. Be very careful with electrical hazards as well. Only do activities that are safe to perform and remember that wet objects are very heavy!
Now that you have determined it is safe, here are a few things you can do before help arrives:
- Remove excess water with mopping and blotting.
- Wipe away water from wood surfaces.
- Turn on your AC for maximum drying in the summer.
- Gather loose items from the floor.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
Now let us look at a few things you should not do:
- Do not leave fabric in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Do not use a household vacuum to remove water.
- Do not use a TV or other household appliances.
- Do not ton on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and do not enter the room!
You can also check out SERVPRO of Crawford/NE Venango Counties’ full list of Flood Tips.
For all your water damage needs, call the experts! Restoring storm and flood-damaged properties is the cornerstone of our business. Our highly trained professionals use specialized equipment and advanced training to quickly restore your Meadville property to pre-storm condition.
Call SERVPRO of Crawford/NE Venango Counties today at (814) 350-7651 or visit our Website to begin getting your Meadville home back to preloss condition. No matter the disaster, we can make it “Like it never even happened.”