Winter Maintenance Tips for Your Jamestown, PA Business
Plow and de-ice parking lots and walkway after extreme cold and/or snowfall. This is to prevent anyone from slipping and falling on your premises.
When winter weather comes, maintenance for commercial buildings takes on many new tasks. Ice and harsh winds can cause problems. Here are some tips to maintain your building.
How to Maintain Your Commercial Building in the Winter
Here are some great tips from Ogilvy.ca:
- Maintain proper heat in all buildings, including those spaces that are vacant or unoccupied.
- Temperature must be at a minimum of 65oF/18o. Ensure that your heating systems are regularly inspected and maintained for optimum function. This is essential to avoid one of the most common causes of damage to buildings: frozen and bursting pipes.
- Make sure doors and windows are well sealed to keep the cold air out and the warmed air in.
- Plow and de-ice parking lots and walkway after extreme cold and/or snowfall. This is to prevent anyone from slipping and falling on your premises.
- Clean wet floors and absorbent mats in entryways and walkways. This is to reduce slick floors.
- Keep the areas clear by reducing the amount of outside dirt being brought indoors.
- Inspect the roofs and gutters. Clear away any excess snow to avoid ice buildup.
Follow these tips for the best results for your business this winter!
SERVPRO of Crawford and NE Venango Counties are fire and water damage restoration specialists. We are always Here to Help, 24/7. Give us a call at (814) 350-7651 for immediate assistance or visit our Website!