Maintain and Understand Your Indoor Plumbing Systems in Linesville, PA
Have you experienced water damage in your home on numerous occasions and have had enough? Is the water damage that occurred due to your plumbing systems? There are key things to maintain when it comes to your plumbing system as well understand to prevent water damage in the future.
What to Maintain
According to iii.org, these are plumbing systems to look out for when it comes to water damage:
- Inspect appliance hoses and faucets - Immediately replace any hoses that have cracks or leaks and replace them all every five to seven years.
- Inspect showers and tubs - Check the seal and caulking around showers and tubs to make sure they are watertight and reseal if necessary.
- When away on vacation, shut off the water supply to the washing machine
- Know the location of the main water shut-off valve in your home
- Install an emergency pressure release valve in your plumbing system - This will protect against the increased pressure caused by freezing pipes and can help prevent your pipes from bursting.
- Check plumbing and heating pipes - Look closely for cracks and leaks and have any necessary repairs made immediately.
SERVPRO of Crawford and NE Venango Counties are fire and water damage restoration specialists. We are always Here to Help, 24/7. Give us a call at (814) 350-7651 for immediate assistance or visit our Website!