Home Fire Safety Hazards in Cochranton, PA
Cooking and heating are at the top of the home fire hazards list. Be attentive in the kitchen, keep kids and pets away from heaters and candles, and try to incorporate these practices into your home life.
- Stay in the kitchen whenever something is frying, grilling, boiling, or broiling.
- When simmering, baking, or roasting, check on the food regularly and use a timer.
- Don’t use the oven or the stove when you’re sleepy or under the influence of alcohol.
- Keep flammable objects at least 3 feet away from the stovetop.
When heating your home:
- Only purchase space heaters that shut off automatically when they fall over, and always place them on level, nonflammable surfaces.
- Never leave a space heater or a fireplace unattended. Make sure to turn off space heaters and extinguish all embers before leaving rooms.
- Keep flammable objects at least 3 feet away from space heaters or fireplaces.
SERVPRO of Crawford / NE Venango Counties are fire and water damage restoration specialists. We are always Here to Help, 24/7. Give us a call at (814) 350-7651 for immediate assistance or visit our Website!