Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
After any water damage situation, your primary focus should be safety first:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
In addition to these important questions, it is also important to ask yourself who can clean up this mess and who is going to pay for it? SERVPRO of Crawford / NE Venango Counties recommends giving us a call as soon as you experience water damage to your Titusville, Seneca, Venus and surrounding areas home. We will be out right away to provide a free estimate and will be ready to restore the damage as soon as you give us the go ahead. Next we recommend reaching out to your insurance company and filing a claim. Your insurance company will let you know if you are covered for this type of loss. If you are covered, SERVPRO of Crawford / NE Venango Counties works directly with your insurance company to make the process as seamless and easy as possible for you!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (814) 350-7651
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.